Modern technology has taken over even the simplest products turning them into high tech products.
When it comes to finding a good handheld vacuum cleaner, just how high tech do we need them to be? Is the price we pay worth what we as the customer need them for?
Take me for example; I am a mom of 4 kids that range from 18 to 8 years old. There is not one single weekend that little children aren’t contaminating my house.
Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled that my house is the “go to house” where all the little ones like to hang out. But, when my house is full of eight and ten year’s olds, let’s just say, “things” happen.
If your house is like mine, you too have many “mystery messes” that appear out of nowhere. Chips, cookies, dirt, and with my son, sometimes, tree limbs make their way indoors.
Then there is that moment mothers like me dread every time, lifting the sofa cushions. Where does all that stuff come from? That is when reality sets in; my family members are all a bunch of slobs!
Time to Take Action
Trying to clean these messes can be challenging. You try to use your upright vacuum cleaner, but its way too bulky to get up to the trouble areas. Using the broom is just not even an option. So, what is a mom to do?
Making Cleaning Easy
Back in 1907, a man named James Spangler figured out that his “carpet sweeper” was the culprit to his excessive coughing. He took matters into his own hands.
With a lot of creativity, Mr. Spangler invented the first hand held vacuum cleaner. He did this by attaching an old motor from a box fan, attaching it to a soap box and finishing it by stapling it to a broom handle. Brilliant, yes?
Adding to the already amazing invention, Spangler created a filter made from a bag and attachments for cleaning, he then patented his invention in 1908.
Many different models have come and gone, all claiming to do something the others couldn’t. What would make you pick one over the other? The price, the size, the color? (He-He, I would buy if it were purple).
Let’s take a look at the most powerful hand-held vacuums and take a tour of what each one have to offer.
Black & Decker Pivot Vacuum (PHV1810 18volt)
When it comes to power, this machine packs a mighty big punch. When it comes to picking up dirt, you get a top of the line product removing dirt and grim from any surface, including carpet.
The Black and Decker not only rates high in customer reviews, but they always stand behind the 3 year warranty with no hassles. The following features are just a few things that make the Black and Decker stand out in a world of its own.
- The extension nozzle
- pivoting nozzle
- upholstery brush
- washable filters
- Easy and Light to reach around corner
- Powerful motor
- Extremely quiet
- Extended battery life
The combinations of these unique qualities make cleaning remarkably easy.
B&D CHV1510 (Dust buster)
- Another Black and Decker model that offers excellent qualities. This model has a cyclone spin giving the machine the ability to keep the dust and small pieces out of the filter.
- The cyclonic spin creates a powerful suction strength unlike any other model.
- The brushes and accessories can stay right with the machine insuring not to get lost.
- The rotating wide spin assists in the catching of larger objects as well as hard to reach corners.
- Customer reviews rating are high. B&D offers a valuable warranty and stands behind their products with no hassle.
Dyson DC44 Animal (Slim-digital)
- This monster gets its name “animal” for good reasons. The power of the motor is 3 X’s faster than any of the traditional ones.
- Filled with carbon fibers, this model has a motorized tool for hard wood flooring.
- For in-ground dirt, the nylon brush is perfect. Rotating to get down deep to remove even the toughest of dirt.
- To save on electricity, the B&D has the ability of running on power than can be reduced for 20 minutes.
- Has amazing power and reputation for removing animal hair.
- Upholstery and awkward and hard to reach places of no hard task for the B&D.
Dirt Devil BD10165
- Dirt devil had women in mind when they designed this model.
- It is lightweight and cordless.
- The battery charger is an energy star fast charging system.
- The handle is a D shape, giving the ability for a strong grip.
- Easy to empty and clean filter
- Very popular with women due to the lightness and durability
- Comes with a 3 yr. warranty.
- This vacuum comes with a battery size, 10.8, just perfect for little spills and cars.
- For easy emptying of garbage and debris, this model has a flip open spout.
- Never having to touch the yucky stuff makes this a great option.
- Very light weight and easy to use.
- Knowing more about different models helps with picking out just which is right for you. Everyone has larger vacuum cleaners in their home, but those aren’t always good for small jobs.
- Every home needs a hand-held vacuum cleaner on hand. Whether used for your car, boat, furniture, spots on the floor, or even vacuuming your furniture, it’s a must have.
Do your research on the models available. Make sure you know what it is you need before you go to the store. There will be many different types, sizes and shapes tempting you.
If your home is like mine, filled with children that have no mercy on the house cleaner, having a hand-held vacuum is a must. The option of which one is your call get one that is light yet durable with enough suction power for all your mysterious messes.