One of the most joyful moments of my day is picking up my daughter from school, bringing her home, and then watching her roll around on the carpet with our two Border Collies.
The giggles and laughs and the happiness shown in both my girl and my dogs warm my heart and put a gigantic smile on my face. And because I love cleaning my carpets regularly, I also know she won’t be contracting a staph infection.
Don’t believe me? According to research, the typical family carpet contains 200,000 organisms per square inch. There is about four thousand times more bacteria in your carpet than there is on your toilet seat!
There is an easy and effective way to keep those organisms at bay though: Use carpet steam cleaners on all your carpets.
The Three Most Common Bacteria Found In Carpet
- Staph – This organism is found on or in around twenty five percent of the population. It can cause severe skin irritation or worse and can enter the body through the smallest of cuts or scrapes.
- E Coli – It causes diarrhea, intestinal cramps. and respiratory illness.
- Salmonella – This one causes similar symptoms as e coli.
The last thing I want to do is expose my family to the above. I am relieved that there is a simple way to take care of this issue.
How To Eliminate These Monsters From Your Carpet
Bleach works great to kill them, but it is also a last resort. You’re better off (and less likely to destroy your carpets) if you simply use a steam cleaner. All you need is 15 seconds on a particular area of a rug and you will kill almost 98% of all bacteria. If you have an area of rug that your family spends the most time on, it would be a good idea to use a deep carpet cleaner like the Steamfast SF-370 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner on that area several times a month.
The More Palpable Reasons I Love My Steam Carpet Cleaner
Let’s move away from the disgusting topic and onto a more aesthetic one, shall we? There’s nothing better than having clean carpets. Having a machine ready to go and to use whenever I want has a lot of advantages.
- Less Inconvenience: In the past, I would hire a company to come out and clean. It was always a major hassle because we would have to wait for hours before we could walk on the carpet again. Usually, their suggested dry time was way too short and we would have to wait twice as long for the carpets to dry. Because my home unit uses less water, the drying time is a lot more reasonable.
- More Options: Hiring a company or renting a machine means doing the entire house in one fell swoop. That means me and my family can’t go into any carpeted rooms. With my own machine, I can clean one room one day and another room the next. We only have to stay out of one room at a time.
- Peace Of Mind: I know my carpets are clean for my family. There is never any second-guessing if I want to have company due to dirty carpets. Using a deep carpet cleaner for cleaning and disinfecting my carpets simply makes my life–simpler.