In modern times, sustainable forest management has made it possible for manufacturers to harvest wood without causing any serious damage to the environment. Consequently, wood is one of the most abundantly used flooring materials available in the market. With proper care and maintenance, wood floors pay off for a lifetime. Can’t seem to decide between area rugs and hardwood flooring? You may want to have it for your rooms, especially if you’re a student or an employed professional struggling with uncertain cleaning routines.
There are several benefits of installing wood floors in your home, even if your floor is all tile right now. A few of them have been listed here.
- Longevity: Being a natural resource, wood tends to last for several years. Over the centuries, it has come forth as an efficient, resilient and durable flooring material. Unlike carpets and laminate, whose color can fade in a couple of years, the natural color of wood flooring is eternal. Wood shines in its radiant luster for a long time.
- Aesthetic Value: Wood flooring is extremely versatile. It goes with all types of styles and decors. It attracts instant attention! Expensive hard woods like oak, walnut and cherry complement your bedrooms, balconies, living rooms and offices.
- Easy To Clean & Maintain: The chief advantage of having wood flooring is that it’s easy to clean. They stay spotless and tidy for a long time because dirt and stains don’t stick to its surface. With a little mopping, sweeping and vacuuming, your floors will look sparkling clean for a long time to come. Additionally, speaking in terms of finances, resources and efforts, wood requires minimal maintenance. Being resilient to spills and stains, wood retains its natural grandeur. Perhaps this is why there is a huge difference in the costs for hardwood cleaning and carpet cleaning.
- Resistant: Hard wood is tough, strong and resistant. Even if you drop a heavy object on floor, you don’t have to worry about your floors getting dented or scratched. Unfortunately if you happen to scratch your floors, you needn’t worry because a little scratch here and there adds a unique character to wood floors. However, if you’re a neat-freak, you can get it refinished to perfection.
- Allergy-Buster: Unlike carpets that attract dust and allergens, these types of floors don’t hold minute particles that can aggravate your respiratory disorders or allergies. It doesn’t let animal dander, pollen, fine hair or mold any spot to hide or thrive. For folks who’re suffering from environmental allergies, hardwood flooring is undoubtedly the best choice.
- Unique Shades: When it comes to wood flooring, you’re never stuck with a particular shade or pattern as wood features unique color and textures of its own. No two flooring materials are exactly alike. Folks, who’re tired of remodeling their homes every time they change their wall paints, can opt for wood floors. They go with all types of furniture, furnishings and paints.
- Environmental Benefits: Wood not only pleases our eyes but it’s naturally warm, as well. Wood acts as a natural insulator and holds heat. According to US Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air quality is better in homes that have wooden floors. Moreover, they consume less water, fuel and energy in their manufacturing stage. If you’re hardcore follower of “Go Green” motto, you can have it recycled.
- Monetary Benefits: Last but not the least, they enhance the value of your homes, thereby causing inflation in its resale price.