Many people have thought about buying an automatic vacuum, but not all are convinced of the value and quality they present.
Contradictory to most myths and misconceptions about these vacuums, their prices are usually not that high, and most importantly, they are extremely handy to have around the house if you don’t have much time to spare for floor cleaning activities.
Features for Saving Time and Effort
An automatic vacuum cleaner is the most intelligent and convenient types of cleaning machines currently in production. These vacuums are designed to work somewhat like a robot, automatically cleaning the entire house and adjusting to the placement of furniture, walls, stairs and various other obstacles.
If properly used, these machines can obviously help you save a lot of time and avoid the hassle of working with a heavy upright or canister vacuum. Here are a few of their most valued features:
- The automated features integrated in most of these devices allow for easy setup and make it so that you don’t have to supervise them after programming their cleaning schedules. This can help you avoid challenging tasks and save a lot of time in the long run.
- If properly used, an automated vacuum cleaner can literally last for years. In most cases, they require only minimal maintenance, such as emptying bags, occasionally cleaning the filter or the brushes and keeping any large obstacle or piece of debris out of the way.
- Scheduling features allow for thorough programming, so you can tell your robot in advance what areas to cover and when to clean so that it will not disrupt your day-to-day activities.
- With automatic recharging options, you won’t even have to worry about the battery getting discharged in the middle of a cleaning session. The robot will automatically detect when the battery needs recharging and move back to the docking station in time before energy loss can become an issue.
- Some of the most advanced automatic vacuums will work quite well on any type of surface, including carpets and rugs, hardwood floors or tiles. Also, high end technology allows for intelligent sensors and programming that can detect areas where a large amount of debris and dirt has gathered, so your robot will focus more on that location before continuing its cleaning routine.
How to Find The Best
Depending on the type of vacuum you need, there are a large variety of choices available. Some are designed with better AI, mapping and sensor capabilities to navigate large, uncharacteristic environments, while others provide a more interactive experience in case you don’t want everything to be fully automated.
Also, some robotic vacuums work better on hardwood floors, while others are more useful for carpets, rugs and pet hair removal, as well as for eliminating allergens and irritants from your home.
Brands such as iRobot, Neato and Infinuvo are commonly associated with the most helpful and feature-packed capabilities that an automated robot vacuum might need, and some of them are even available for an affordable price of well-below $200-300.